It can help create a sense of community and interaction
because you are after all, talking to one another when you make comments. Also
no matter where you are or what time it is you can interact with one another
instead of meeting up with other teachers when you all have conflicting
schedules.
I found that while commenting on other blogs, that it is
very important to be respectful of other people’s opinions. You never want to
offend someone so if you do have an objection, then be kind about it. The
second point I found about commenting is that comments can make an impact on
someone’s personal confidence. If they have no comments then they get down
about themselves. This can be hurtful to people.
(In my class)I chose
JoBeth Turners thing #3 because I liked her idea to put the assignments, notes,
slideshows, power points, and her absence on the blog. The comment I made was
positive and was my realization of how much easier it could make my job.
(Not in my class) The next person I chose was Lindsey Burris because she
said she feels lost if she misses one day of the technology world and I completely
agree. The comment I left was agreeing with her statement and also I put out
there that I’m worried about the future students not being able to access
technology at their home because of the cost.
(In my class) Karalina Roelle’s blog caught my eye because her site
checks for plagiarism! I think every college student needs that. I know that I
always write my own stuff but sometimes two minds can think alike!:) The
comment I made was that I liked the plagiarism part and that I didn’t like that
you had to pay after the 7 day trial.
(Not in
my class) I chose Bailey Cheben because her picture for our thing #7 was
intriguing. It described her, personally in three ways, art, history, and
religion. I commented and said how helpful visual learning such as pictures can
help keep students interested in lessons.
(In my class) I chose Markesha Combs #8 jigsaw because she had a great
idea with that. I commented to tell her I am going to copy her with the idea to
have my student’s faces as puzzles… It is so cool! (In my class) I chose Hannah’s
thing #9 because her images were really good. I commented asking her if she
could help me make one because this was one of the most frustrating things for
me to complete. (In my class) I chose Natalia
Lee’s #10 because she understands how much time having an RSS can save! I
commented on hers and said that it was a good post and that with things like
RSS it can help us keep in touch with fellow teachers and friends in a timely
manner.
No comments:
Post a Comment